I'm a FAN :)

A year ago, I was not really into KPOP. If there are things I love about Korean culture, KPOP is an exception. Yes, I studied Korean language and the likes, because I find it interesting and amazing. KPOP artists, I found them weird in many ways. And even looked at the business as a “dirty business”. News stated that most of the artist were forced to signed contracts. And there were even harassment stated.

But now, it’s the other way around. I learned to appreciate them like I appreciate the Filipino music. Appreciated them like I can understand every lines in their songs and appreciated them as hardworking artists. Sure, no one can deny that they’re all awesome. They’re all talented like they were all born to be that way. But one thing I love about most of the KPOP artists is their determination in the business where they are now. It’s tough. Every group struggles to stand on their feet while competing for (I think) hundreds of other KPOP groups. After releasing an album and having it hit, they’re not sure if it will be the same story for the next months. And another thing which amaze me is despite of the competition in the business, they’re all friends. They value each other as brothers or sisters. The members of the group stand for the other member. Despite of the controversies, they can shake it off away from their butt and continue to amaze the fans. They never give up, they remain positive. They have the styles which they can call as their own. They have music which people will love upon hearing it. They have lyrics which everyone can relate to. And when ask if I can understand it? Yes. Some. and Hello, English translations! hahahaha. But that didn’t matter a lot, as long as I know what’s the message and the story behind the song. People should remember that in order to understand something, we need to know the story behind it, each meaning of the word doesn’t matter, as long as we get the message.

Now, I’m learning Korean again. Because to visit Korea is one of my fondest dream. And because maybe, someday, I’ll be able to speak with one of my biases. Call me crazy, sure I am. But this craziness others can’t understand is now a part of my blissful life. People have no idea how much things I learned from them. People have no idea how seeing them perform makes my bad day turned out well. People have no idea how their smiles make my heart melts in joy as if those were only for me. People have no idea, and will never have an idea.

Call me crazy, sure I am. But one thing’s certain, I’m not a crazy desperate girl but I’m a crazy happy lass :)

image