Thoughts Last July 4, 2011: Separation Anxiety and Withdrawal

I didn’t wake up early this morning because I knew that there’s no review. Review was done the moment we finished our board exams. I know it’s depressing because after 3 months, I have to stop doing the routine - waiting a jeepney that took a lifetime, riding a jeepney on a smoke-everywhere road, climbing a six-floor building while catching my breath just to attend the review, answering lots of hundred-question exam, fighting the feeling of being sleepy during long lectures, laughing over our lecturers’ jokes, opening our lunchboxes like were little, doing the grab-your-license chant and most of all, seeing same angelic faces everyday.

It’s sad how everything should end like this. This is something I’m not exaggerating. You can’t blame me for treating those new people like special. I mean, I’m happy that I was able to survive the three long months, took the exam that will define my future and will be able to go back home, but goodbye is something I am afraid of. I made new friends, shared cute and hilarious moments, learned a lot, and all of these will become a part of my past. Habit is something hard to change. You see same people everyday and all of a sudden, you can’t. And you can do nothing about it but to remember those times when you’re still together. I know that this feeling will pass but I will never forget that once in my I had friends and I call them ANGELS. I miss you Angels :)